InstaGroup Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. You should check this document from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/10/2016.
Use of Personal Data
The personal information that we and other relevant organisations may process includes, but is not limited to, your contact details, information about your electricity supply and payments, and details of your credit history.
We and relevant organisations will protect and process your personal information in accordance with our data protection policy, a copy of which is available on request.
We will use personal information which you supply to us primarily to carry out our obligations to you under any agreements we have entered into (or intend to enter into) with you, including any credit agreements relating to the installation. This may include using your personal information:
- to centrally register your property’s energy performance, or to process a personal credit application(s);
- to provide information to the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) registers in England, Wales and Scotland to maintain the domestic Energy Performance Certificate register.
- to make credit, fraud prevention and other similar enquiries into your financial standing in order to make lending decisions about you;
- to collect repayments against any credit provided; and
- for statistical analysis.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with (and obtain information about you from) different organisations to enable the delivery of your installation and/or credit applications, for example with:
- any organisation providing finance to support credit applications;
- your electricity or other energy supplier;
- the relevant insurance organisation(s) if you require insurance or product guarantees, who may place your data onto a register of claims and share with other parties to help prevent fraudulent claims;
- any person who is a prospective buyer, tenant or the landlord of the property where the work will be carried out, and/or their agents;
- the Secretary of State, the relevant Ombudsmen, The Office of Fair Trading, UKAS, the Financial Conduct Authority, EPC register operators and Green Deal certification bodies or any other person as required by law, regulation or in connection with legal proceedings;
- the Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body;
- any other company in any corporate group of which we are a member or any company, business or intermediary associated with us, including third parties that provide services on our behalf; and
- any party to whom we transfer, or may transfer, our rights and obligations under your installation(s) relating to the Property;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact us at [email protected] or call 0800 526 023.